"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, November 8, 2010

There's no place like home *clicks heels*

Thanks to TIH ::waves at TIH:: I found this blog prompt and thought I would use it get me going today: What would your dream home/apartment/condo/yurt look like? Where would it be? Who'd live in it with you?

I love older homes with pocket doors, original wood floors and trim, wraparound porches, built-in shelves and the like. Here are a few pics of the styles of houses I prefer:









I fell in love with these kinds of houses after a sleepover with a friend from summer camp when I was in the 8th grade. Her parents owned an historic home and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

These homes are pretty expensive in all the various places I would consider living, so I'm a few years from being able to afford one, but as soon as I get my money right I will be moving myself into one of those homes.

1 comment:

  1. Old houses are cool. We put a couple of pocket doors in our fake old house.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy