"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Do you do this, too?

When I first moved here I wasn't used to a cold winter. I didn't have heavy coats, gloves, scarves and all that.

It took me four years to cave and get a real coat.

It took me another two years to get hats, gloves and all that.

Now I have several coats -- casual, dress, trench, short and long. I even have two vintage fur coats my Granny gave me.

What I have not bought are snow boots. I need some snow boots. I have been looking at snow boots for at least two years. Why won't I buy snow boots?! I saw some cute ones on sale this weekend and I looked at them and thought, I should get those but then I thought, well, maybe next time.

How many years do you think I'm going to let my foot get wet before I buy some snow boots? I have lived here for 11 years now.

O_o <--side-eyeing my own self.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I feel you totally as I'm presently wearing the boots I finally got this weekend from Macy's after going into my 4th year in DC. The only boots I had were a pair of impractical stilettos that I've worn less than 5 times and my old pair of military boots that I used for shoveling the snow. I went with some black Alfani step n flex short wedge boots that are TOTALLY comfortable, simple and classic, and are keeping my feet warm. 11 years is too long. You need those supercute boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like me! I have been in DC 6 years now and this year was the first time I even thought of snow boots. For now I bought some thick rubber joints to shovel snow in. But those boots in the pic are fiyah! I would have never guessed they were safe for snow!

    Who makes that wedge boot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I feel you totally as I'm presently wearing the boots I finally got this weekend from Macy's after going into my 4th year in DC. The only boots I had were a pair of impractical stilettos that I've worn less than 5 times and my old pair of military boots that I used for shoveling the snow. I went with some black Alfani step n flex short wedge boots that are TOTALLY comfortable, simple and classic, and are keeping my feet warm. 11 years is too long. You need those supercute boots.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy