"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Flirting with age

Old dudes like them some me. I'm not that into older dudes though.

Don't get me wrong, it's flattering for them to flirt with me (when it's respectful), but I'm just not into older dudes.

Every Sunday I go to Whole Foods to get my fruit and sparkling water for the week and fresh flowers. (side note: I like coming in everyday to fresh flowers in a vase. It brightens my mood).

ANYWAY last Sunday I was in line to buy my stuff and this little girl in front of me with pretty hair was whipping it back and forth. I laughed and she hugged her Grandad (who looked like a slightly younger Melvin Van Peebles and was prolly realllll smooth back in his day) and he said she had gotten it done the day before. I told her whip away then!

Grandad then asked me my birthdate (not the year, just the month and day) and started talking to me about being an Aries and whether or not my personality fit those characteristics because he, too, was an Aries. Umhm.

I responded in a friendly way because he wasn't intrusive or slimy feeling. Little girl was still whipping and her mom was paying for the groceries and smiling at me cause I guess this ain't her first time with playa Grandpa.

I answer the questions and then suddenly little girl grabs my hand and says "NO! Do you know him? Don't tell him anything about you!!" and pulls Grandpa away from me. Not in a "stop talking to my Gramps you harlot" way, but in a "I'm saving you from something you don't understand" way.

We three grownups laugh, but I'm thinking "from the mouth of babes," and flashing on the many episodes I've watched of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit/Bones/Criminal Minds/NCIS, so I focus more on taking my stuff out of the basket and less on Grandpa's queries.

Shoooot. I wasn't lettin' Grandpa drink my blood so he could live another 100 years! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Shoot indeed. On a side note, I'm a fan of Whole Foods flowers. I've done several dinner parties using them and they special ordered some calla lilies for me. I just used them for a Christmas Party the other day (I posted a few pics on the blog). A paralegal I worked with always had fresh flowers on her desk that her husband provided. I thought it was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy