"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sigh. I miss my Granny

I promised to make this dish for the office potluck. I make this dish every holiday season so I only have to pick up one ingredient to make it happen cause the rest of the stuff is in the cupboard.

I was thinking in my head about the timing this evening for making it and something seemed off. I know I have all the ingredients. What is it?

And then it occurred to me what was missing: Granny. I always called her when I was making this dish! And she would talk me through it, even though I know how to make it.

Sometimes she would say, throw a pinch of this in it or you know, if you season with this, it gives it a fuller flavor.

I MISS MY GRANNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy