"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanks, thanks and thanks, again

A lot of jacked up stuff happened this year.

My Granny died.

My marriage crashed and burned.

I got pregnant from our last IVF cycle, but it ended up being an ectopic pregnancy.

My mama had another mini-stroke.

My brother had a heart attack.

My tenants decided to stop paying rent and D.C. is making it hard as hell for me to evict them.

I got shingles.

I lost and gained 30 pounds.

I got an $8k bill from the IRS because I made an error on our taxes.

I could go on. And on.

But this post is really about saying thanks.

Thank you to Honeysmoke, TiffanyInHouston, Stylin' & Profilin', TravelDiva, Lottie, CreoleinDC and every other person who has looked out for me this year. Every one of you who let me cry, who listened to me whine, who convinced me to get the hell out of the house, who read my stories on this blog and offered some advice or a woo woo woo. ALL Y'ALL!

I just wanted all of you to know, I appreciate you. And thank you.

8 comments:

  1. You might bend baby, but you won't break! You are made of good strong stock and God is still good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing but love, my friend... I know 2011 has much better things in store for you #letsgetit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Sweetie. 2011 is going to be your year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like TIH said...you weren't built to break.This too shall pass - and has... Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, God is still good! Here is to a better 2011. It does get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CaliSlim1/06/2011

    First time commenting, but I love your blog and your attitude towards things.

    That's a lot to endure in one year, for ANYONE. A lot of people can breakdown and stay broke over much less. Please remember that you do need time to mourn these losses/traumas, so it's okay to take all the time you need and find joy when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You inspire me.
    'nuf said !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CaliSlim8/20/2011

    First time commenting, but I love your blog and your attitude towards things.

    That's a lot to endure in one year, for ANYONE. A lot of people can breakdown and stay broke over much less. Please remember that you do need time to mourn these losses/traumas, so it's okay to take all the time you need and find joy when you can.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy