"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

CUSTODY BATTLE!


Mr. SLS and I adopted Janet back in July 2008.

We vowed to love and cherish her and take care of her for the rest of her life.

When Mr. SLS first moved out he was all on my nerves about taking care of Janet. I mean on my last.good.nerve. "Did you water Janet?" "Are you turning Janet so she can get sufficient sun?" "I see Janet has some new growth, you might want to spray her a little."


For Christmas Mr. SLS gave me an iPad. I gave him a rosemary plant, a movie he wanted, some gourmet hot chocolate and a scarf. (I gave him stuff I wouldn't be mad about when I thought about it later). He left the rosemary plant at our house because where he's living now isn't conducive to any plant life beyond mary-juwanna. I've done the best I can with the little rosemary plant, but my main focus is Janet. She's my baby.

The other day we went to a movie and when he brought me home I mentioned that he should check on his plant.

His eyes got all wide. "What's wrong with Janet?!" My head cocked to the left, I responded, "Nothing is wrong with Janet. I said YOUR plant. Janet is mine."

He was silent for a minute then said, "For now."

I do believe that the residual inhalation at his current residence is affecting his brain!

Janet is mine. MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE.

MINE!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/18/2011

    okay, so who names a plant? a PLANT!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy