"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Say YES! to this dress

When I was looking for my wedding dress, I wanted something sleek and sexy and slinky. I wanted my soon-to-be-husband to see me and his eyes pop out of his head!

Then I went looking and reality set in: my body is not slinky. (I'm sexy, though, don't hate!). I'm short, thick on the bottom and I have stubby legs. The dress I envisioned was not to be.

I eventually settled on a dress that looked great on me even though it was not my "dream" dress. For me, looking good was more important than forcing myself into a dress style that wasn't flattering to me and my body type just because I wanted to wear it.

I got many compliments on my wedding day (though most brides are beautiful so, hmm...) and my little cousin now owns my dress. She raved over it so much, I gave it to her.

Yesterday, YBF posted this photo of Cynthia from the Real Housewives of Atlanta in her wedding gown. All I can say is, WOW! I love this dress. LOVE IT!



I love that she bucked convention with the color. I like the drama of it. It looks luxurious and rich and dramatic. It's gorgeous.

Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/26/2011

    I think platinum is a wedding color now. As for this dress, it is certainly dramatic, and I don't think just anyone could pull it off.

    I wanted something sexy for my wedding but fell in love with a cinderella dress. It seemed those sexy gowns just hung on me like I was a hanger. Also, long and slinky wasn't the going style. Now I know I should have had gone to one of those shops where they get all fussy about you. I could have found a slinky, sexy dress at one of those places.

    As for you, I think you could have pulled off the sexy dress. I do. I promise women go temporarily insane when they plan a wedding and aren't really themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bad ass dress..but it seems to be enveloping her to some degree cause she tiny.

    I wanted to look nice in my dress and feel "bridal" but I will admit it wasn't my highest priority. My mama was my real selling point. She cried when I tried it on so I bought it.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy