"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Charmed Life

I've come to realize that I have had a long run of good luck. Seriously.

I came to this conclusion as I was trying to understand why I'm thrown so off balance when I have a string of good days and then a bad day pops up. Everybody has bad spells. Right?

Wrong. Before last year my bad days were few and far between and generally consisted of a flat tire or something small like that. No major crises. 

So this long long run of good luck, good news and happy times was the norm for me. If I wanted a job, I got it. If I needed something, it arrived. Money was there, love was there, health was there, family was there. I haven't had to work real hard at anything in a long time. 

The tides have turned though (at least for the moment) and I've had trouble adjusting to the new paradigm. 

First, I wanted a baby and despite medical assistance it didn't happen. Wait, what?!  

I wanted a happy ending to my love story and that didn't happen either. Da hell? 

Since when did I not get what I wanted?!!!!! ::stomps foot like the 3-year-old I really am::

Now, two or three days of happy happy happy lulls me into thinking I'm back to my old rhythm. Then that bad day will crop up and I'm damn near pushed to the edge.

But that said, I will survive. I'll adjust. And I am much more appreciative (and believe me I was thankful for my good fortune and life before!) of how comfortable I was with my long stretches of peace. 

But there is a reason for everything even if I can't see or understand it right now. I'm pretty sure the lesson will reveal itself once it's learned. Maybe it's to not take a good life for granted. Never assume things can't and won't change. Who knows?

Happy weekend y'all! 

**Pecked out with thumbs on my iPhone**

5 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much my life has paralleled yours, just based on this post alone! I totally understand where you are. For years and years I was the "golden child" (my uncles words LOL) and then it was like somebody pulled a string & unraveled my sweater dress & exposed me for all to see. I learned some tough lessons & think I am better for it, after taking the time to heal. You will get through and your perspective will be a benefit & blessing to others. You understand grace in a way that many folks can't. Be encouraged !
    Sorry for blogging in your comments, this just resonated with me>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany In Houston2/27/2011

    SLS, I know BC in real life and I think she could really be a blessing to you. I strongly encourage ya'll to hook up offline. I think you could get a lot of insight from her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SingLikeSassy2/27/2011

    TIH: We are here >.<

    I had planned to DM her on Twitter later today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CaliSlim2/27/2011

    I feel you on this...my life thus far has been relatively easy, and there is this nagging feeling that I'm just one moment away from it all to come crashing down. Heck, I've never ever even had to diet! LOL. I hate to see anyone go thru a down period, but your attitude and approach to life's situations is inspirational. Just wanted to let you know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no idea how much my life has paralleled yours, just based on this post alone! I totally understand where you are. For years and years I was the "golden child" (my uncles words LOL) and then it was like somebody pulled a string & unraveled my sweater dress & exposed me for all to see. I learned some tough lessons & think I am better for it, after taking the time to heal. You will get through and your perspective will be a benefit & blessing to others. You understand grace in a way that many folks can't. Be encouraged !
    Sorry for blogging in your comments, this just resonated with me>

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy