"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, February 7, 2011

Stupid tears. Stupid music.

Was listening to the NPR Jazz stream -- y'all should check that out, it's niiice, REAL nice (said in my Bernie Mac voice).

Most of the songs are stuff Mr. SLS plays regularly, however, this one song that came on he wrote an arrangement for him and his friends that I listen to a lot. I love hearing him play it and when Chick's version came on it made me tear up. Sigh.



He seems to think we will be friends forever, but I've pointed out to him that as soon as one of us gets boo'd up, that's done. You can't have a successful new relationship with one foot stuck in the old one and I can't imagine any new suitor or lady wanting to compete with the leftovers of a failed marriage.

That said, I will miss the music.

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely proud of you. I know this isn't easy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy