"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, March 4, 2011

A house is not a home...

My tenants are gone. *throws confetti* That's the good news.

The bad news is they destroyed my house. Sigh. I won't go into details here but just know that I almost vomited from the smell.

That said, I am Johnita on the spot and I've got folks hired to clean it out and paint it, I'm meeting a contractor tomorrow morning so I can pick out new cabinet, countertop and backsplash materials for the kitchen and I'm about to use googlefu to see if I can find a deal on some new appliances (I will NEVER use that stove and refrigerator again. Not ever). He's also going to refinish the hardwood floor in the kitchen.

Then I'll have the carpet replaced and since I'm changing stuff out, I want a new front door, new lighting fixtures and some window planters.

Finally, I've got my new furniture all picked out and I've been walking around with swatches in my purse to match up with carpet and paint samples! Here's a preview:


But all this means that I am making moves to get back in my house BAY-BAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

It also means I'm going to be broke though I did tell Mr. SLS to snatch $75K of equity out of his house and give me that damn money to fix mine. He hasn't responded yet. I may have to send in my enforcer, aka Mama SLS. LOL!

Anyway, the sun is out and it's a new day and I'm feeling gooooooddddddddd.

How y'all doin'?

5 comments:

  1. Tiffany In Houston3/04/2011

    I will never understand why people feel the need to tear stuff up. I am glad you got your house back and I am certainly glad you are getting your life back. New house, new you, fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got your tenant out. And I hope you are planning on NOT returning on damn dime of their security deposit. I'd look into taking them to small claims court for the damage or issuing a 1099-C or MISC for the difference. RAT NASTY BAZTARDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad that your tenants trashed your house. I've never understood why some people can be so gross.

    Hey, I just got an email ad from Sears - they're having a huge sale with 30% off all Kenmore appliances this weekend. That's a pretty good deal, and they will postpone delivery until you are ready. I know this because we had to postpone delivery of our appliances for more than a year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mama rented out one of my uncle's homes until his death last year. I went with her after the tenant moved out and was like "nah... you gon have to get somebody else to help you clean this... this is a health hazard..."

    I mean I was just tryna understand how THEY lived up in there. Didn't make nobody's sense.

    But YAY for remodeling. Boo to the brokeness it will cause, but YAY for swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too bad that your tenants trashed your house. I've never understood why some people can be so gross.

    Hey, I just got an email ad from Sears - they're having a huge sale with 30% off all Kenmore appliances this weekend. That's a pretty good deal, and they will postpone delivery until you are ready. I know this because we had to postpone delivery of our appliances for more than a year...

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy