"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I curled up next to my husband last night...

I am not adjusting well to the loss of daily affection. Mr. SLS is a hugger, handholder and a kisser. We snuggled ALL OF THE TIME. Even now every morning before he leaves the house for work, he kisses me on the forehead and tells me to have a good day.

I have been working odd-ish hours and running around trying to get the fine details of this house stuff together and I fell asleep last night about 8 p.m.

I woke up about an hour or so later when I heard him coming in. I am not a napper so I ended up not being able to go back to sleep and at about 1 a.m. I got out of my bed and went and got in the bed with him.

After tucking me in he asked me what was wrong and I said I couldn't go back to sleep. He said, OK and pulled me in close and nodded back off.

I lay there quietly listening to him breathe thinking about the hundreds of nights we had slept like that over the past six years. I cried a little bit because these are the last days of disco. In a few weeks I'll be moved out and there will be no more snuggling, no more morning kisses goodbye on the forehead. No more marriage.

Eventually I fell asleep and we slept like that for the rest of the night.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww. Cute! [Hug.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/04/2011

    love the honesty here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't visited this site in a while and I'm surprised to see what's going on. I'm sorry life is so volatile for you right now. I hope it'll comes to a better outcome for you.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy