"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Say what now?


Back in January I signed up for a 5K race with a group of my coworkers. Then promptly forgot about it.

Yesterday I got a note about it and I was like, oh snap! I have to run a race! I forgot! I'm not in any condition to run a race! Why did I say I would run this race?!! I've never run a race!

Well guess what? I'm running a race. In May. This is March. And we have sprung forward. There is time for me to get my sneakers on and resume my Couch to 5K training I was doing last summer. Hopefully that will be enough to help me finish the race.

Wish me luck and let's hope I don't embarrass my employer when I crawl over the finish line. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. You can do this! Get back out there and build up your distance. You'll be surprised at how much more you can do if you just try. And you can always say you completed a 5K without saying you RAN a 5K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my first 5K the first week of May and I couldn't run if I was being chased. You'll be just fine!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy