"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Springtime brings a skip to my step

So, just as I suspected, 2011 has brought me much more joy and happiness than sucky 2010.

Things have actually leveled off with Mr. SLS.

I just got a raise and promotion.

My house is coming along, albeit slowly (which reminds me I need to call some folks).

And most importantly I FEEL better. I feel like getting up in the morning and getting out into the world. The sun helps with that, I think. The warmth does, too, as I hate winter clothes. I hate coats and hats and sweaters and being all bundled up and hidden (though I did buy this cute coat last fall in a blue jeweled tone that I got many many compliments on).

I like sundresses and sandals. I like shades and my toes all painted pretty. I really should live somewhere down South where it's warm most of the year.

My birthday is coming in a few weeks and I had initially thought I would take a trip but now it seems I'll prolly be moving back home or at least using the days off to pack in preparation for the move. That's OK, too.

I was watching the movie Terms of Endearment last night and laughing because it's a movie me and my mom watched together a lot AND my mother is Aurora Greenway all damn day long.



Annnnd that's all I got. Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. CaliSlim3/25/2011

    Glad to see things are going so well. Spring is such a wonderful time of year, everything comes back to life.

    LMAO @ that Blunt Card. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy