"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tomorrow is not promised to any of us!

I just did a google to find the current websites for photographers I worked with in the past back in my hone state because we have an assignment down there and I know those people do good work.

The google turned up some really sad news about one of them and it made my chest hurt just thinking about how great a guy he is and how devastated I know he is over the loss.

It reminded me how blessed I am to still have my parents, even if they are crazy bed bugs.

It reminded me how blessed I am to be in fairly good health. Some people didn't wake up this morning. Others woke up, but are in great pain.

It reminded me how blessed I am to be able to do renovations to my house when some people are losing their homes and/or have nowhere to live.

It reminded me how blessed I am to have a job where I am paid well, appreciated and thought of enough to be included in some key strategic meetings about the future of the organization.

I called a friend recently in the middle of the night because I was just so upset and I needed to talk to HER. Why? She has a faith-based life and is one of the few people I know who can make sugar out of shit. I needed her to find some sugar in my shit. When I got off the phone, I went to bed and slept like a baby. I am blessed to have that friend.

One of my goals this year is to be a better person. This means being more gracious when I might usually snap with impatience. Being more generous when I might otherwise opt to be stingy.

It also means recognizing everyday that I am blessed.

Have a great day y'all! ::waves::

2 comments:

  1. Perspective makes all the difference in the world. You are blessed to have it despite everything. Good friends, who know what you need are a rare find. I am glad you have that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perspective makes all the difference in the world. You are blessed to have it despite everything. Good friends, who know what you need are a rare find. I am glad you have that.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy