"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tomorrow's rain will wash the stains away -- Sting

I went to Sears (shoutout to Cyndy: THANKS FOR THE TIP!) and bought all new kitchen appliances last night.

Did y'all know kitchen appliances are high? Well, if you didn't know, I am here to tell you that they are HIGH. And that's with stuff on sale AND me batting my eyelashes and getting the manager to cut some off here and there.

But even if I wasn't repulsed by the stove, refrigerator and built-in microwave I have in the house already because the nasty, filthy, disgusting tenants touched them, I would still likely be getting new appliances because the ones in the house came with the house and are years and years and years old. So it's a good financial move.

After I spend all this money doing things over in my house I'm going to actually have to budget and stuff. Not that I am not fiscally responsible, but I'm not about to spend ALL my liquid savings so I'm putting some of this on credit cards. That means I won't be able to just buy this and that cause I'll need to be tackling the debt.

Any other time I would be panicked about it cause I hate debt and bills. HATE. But, I'm getting what I want and I'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

I'm torn though. I mean, the house will be better than it was when I left (still not my dream house but...) but going back means my marriage is over. Yes, yes, it's over now but I mean moving back in my house means my marriage is OVER. DONE. KAPUT. FINIS.

Not sure I'm ready. But it's time. We need to disentangle ourselves from each other.

The other day Mr. SLS was pumping gas for me. I went and got a drink. He said, "You didn't bring me a drink?" I said, "No, that's what wives do. It's not my job to take care of you any more." He looked funny in the face and said, "Oh."

Then this morning he called me on his way to work cause he was listening to NPR and heard the story about Snoop from The Wire getting arrested. We watched all the seasons of The Wire one summer. We would schedule our lives around it! So we talked and laughed about that for 15 minutes.

His birthday is tomorrow and it's been odd not planning a big blowout something for him. I will do him the kindness of a card but beyond that nothing. Maybe them hoes his new "friends" will do something for him.

2 comments:

  1. Just means that you are taking the first baby step to moving on. Closing one chapter and beginning a new one. It's always better than the last one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just means that you are taking the first baby step to moving on. Closing one chapter and beginning a new one. It's always better than the last one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy