"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, April 18, 2011

It's my birthday, we gon' party like it's my birthday!

Sooooooooooo another year. The good Lord let me have one. And I am mighty grateful. As I prayed this morning I thanked my maker for getting me through last year. There were times when I was not sure I could get up, but I got up anyway. He -- and y'all and my friends and family -- carried me through. And here's what I learned: I might bend, but I don't break. Damn that.

And on that note, I leave you with this Yolanda Adams song that ALWAYSSSSSSS gets me through to the other side:

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Blessings for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and happy year coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *raising the roof* happy birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. Hope it was special. Wishing you a wonderful next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Hope you have a wonderful and special day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blessed Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blessed Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy