"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, April 25, 2011

Tiffany in Houston told me to blog so...

...Here I am!

I move back into my house on Saturday. I'm ready and not ready at the same time. I haven't packed a thing as I don't know where or how to start and when Mr. SLS tries to help me by putting stuff in boxes, I get all emotional about it, i.e. stop rushing me! stop pushing me out of the door! He told me I can put off moving if I want/need to, but I've declined that offer. It's time for me to go. It's time. And Saturday I will be gone.

It's funny that he and I have found this ... space where we can deal with each other and laugh and stuff. Friendship? I guess. I mean, we DID share a life together, and the infertility experience is ours and ours alone. And I can remember way more good times than bad ones, so there is that.

He finished the song he was writing for me. I haven't heard it yet. He says I have to come to a gig to hear it. He did tell me that it's not sad or blues-y, it's lively and upbeat, just like me.

But, I will say a year is a long time. Just as I couldn't see where I would be this year at this time last year, I can't see what the future holds for me either.

That said, I will keep looking ahead and pay close attention to the lessons I learn along the way.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I'm talmbout! On to the NEXT!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy