"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I like cussin'

I can cuss like a sailor. I don't know where I got my potty mouth from as my parents don't really cuss.

Some folks say only ignorant people are unable to make a point without using profanity. And maybe I AM ignant. But I do believe that, "I aints to be f**ked with" is a stronger statement than "Don't mess with me, OK?" See with the former, you might think I'm ignorant but I bet you will leave my ass alone. Amiright?

Anyway, instead of going to sleep last night, I got caught up watching Jackie Brown. Now, I'm not a Tarantino fan. I fell asleep during Pulp Fiction several times before I actually watched the whole movie from beginning to end. But Jackie Brown? That movie is hilarious to me.

There are many lines I quote (in my head cause I can't walk around saying this stuff to people everyday) from that movie regularly, but this line, right here, delivered perfectly by Samuel Jackson, sums up so many things for me, including my marriage:
"See? You bring a motherfucker up, next thing you know, they breakin' ya off some goddamned disrespect."
And that, my friends, is all I have for you today. Make it a good one.

*drops mic*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy