"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mama SLS is here

Y'all know I love my mama, but for real that lady can pluck a nerve. She was asking all KINDS of questions this morning. At 6:30 a.m. *blink*

Anyway, Mr. SLS was at my house early to deal with the HVAC guy because I was too mad with him to be civil early in the morning. After that all got worked out satisfactorily, it was time for me to go to work and as we were leaving the house my mama said, "Mr. SLS, you're leaving too?" And we all laughed and then they hugged really really tight and he made sure my mama locked the door up.

I see stuff like this and know that, even though our marriage didn't work out, I didn't choose a bad person to be married to. If that makes sense. I've spent much too much time thinking about what I didn't see and how I missed this clue and that hint and, at the end of the day, I didn't miss anything. The person I am divorcing is, for the most part, the man I fell in love with and married. But, people's needs can and do change. His did and mine didn't. He tried to stay the course with my vision but that didn't work for him, which ultimately meant that we can't work.

And it's funny, this time last year I thought there was no way in hell I could live without him. No. Way. I used to rush home from work just to get home to him. And now, I see him but...it's not the same. I still care for him, but it's not the same.

So, that's all I have for you today. My house is coming along so well! My mom loves all I have done to it! Take care everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy