"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Can't Do Nuttin' For Ya Man -- Public Enemy

Mr. SLS had the blues last night. I mean the all the way down in the dumps blues.

He was hating work, hating life, waxing on about how he "f***ed us up" -- dude was allllll up in his feelings.

Now, there was a time when I would have moved heaven and earth to fix it. Heaven AND earth. But after a couple of "CHEER UPS!" I got off the phone cause, um, yeah, my life is a little f***ed up right now, too. I wonder why?!

I did feel slightly bad cause when I was crying the other day he did try his best to fix it even though he wasn't sure what was wrong. Then I got over it.

But for real, our interaction right now is all about HIM doing for ME. Yep guilt gifts and prizes, for $1000 Alex!

And honestly, though it seems like we talk a lot, we are moving farther and farther apart. Our conversations generally last about 5 mins now and revolve around some business or need or request. They are polite and cordial, but pretty succinct.

In fact, tonight, I'm going over to "serve" him our divorce papers. I need to take the form saying he got them back down to the courthouse and I want to do it before I leave for vacation this weekend (here's hoping the hurricane doesn't come inland).

It's really a shame that something so promising ended like this. Sigh.


1 comment:

  1. tiffanyinhouston8/28/2011

    Would Mr. SLS like some cheese to go with that whine? He needs to have a seat. \_

    *rolls eyes and stomps up out of comment*

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy