"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friendship and Love Actually

For the past couple of weeks I have been going over and over a situation in my head wondering what I might have said or done wrong or SHOULD have said or done to make it right.

My friend who is nursing the broken heart called yesterday and we shot the bull about her situation and after awhile got around to the situation I've been vexed about and she gave me some advice.

Hahahaa y'all thought I was going to tell you what she said didn't you? Nope, BUT I will tell you that when she said what she said, I looked like this:


And then I did this because I realized I could let it go:


I love my friends!!!!! By the way that dancing gif is from one of my favorite movies EVAH, Love Actually, (you can see the actual scene it was from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcgxBHBsl-4) which also brought us this very sage and wise advice:



And this scene, which I can't embed, always makes me cry, even moreso now that I know exactly how she feels. Bad form, Alan Rickman, bad form.

Which reminds me of ANOTHER deal Mr. SLS and I had, which was that if I had to watch the damn Lord of the Rings trilogy every Thanksgiving, he had to watch Love Actually every Christmas. LOL!

Which also reminds me that because I loved this movie so much Mr. SLS bought me the soundtrack and I listen to this song all the time, as sappy and treacly as it is:



And on that note, let me get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy