"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Frozen In Place

I am working from home today and IMing with E (who is preggers with her first little one!!) about our two frozen embryos.

A frozen blastocyst.
The quandry I have is: Can I be a single parent? Is it fair to a child to bring them into a broken home? Will Mr. SLS be a good dad? (I ask that question because I believed he would be a great husband and that didn't turn out so well...)

But if I don't transfer them they will be destroyed. I repeat, if I don't transfer them they will be destroyed. I can't do that. It's life.

At worst, if I'm still undecided in May, we'll pay to freeze them another year. But we can't do that into infinity. Aside from the fact that I'm getting older, our lives can and will change. We will likely get involved with other people who may not want to be tangled up in this mess of not married, but having a baby together. I wouldn't.

And then there is a great chance that despite all this sturm and drang I could transfer the embryos (they are actually five-day blastocysts) and not get pregnant. Sigh.

Or I could transfer them and get two babies. O_O

OR one or both of them could split and give me three or four babies. O___O

I feel like there is a simple solution to this that I am not seeing or thinking of....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy