"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mixed Nuts

I am still hacking and coughing. Still. My editors said (jokingly) this morning they may put me in quarantine. Again. No seriously, I was quarantined last fall when I had shingles because I sit in a cube space and, at the time, I was surrounded by pregnant women and folks who had never had chicken pox. I was moved to a little solitary windowless office for a day or so (this was election day and I was needed) and then HR said, you need to go the hell home until the doc says all is clear. Good times, those.

As I was running out of the house this morning I saw the box from the housewarming gift one of my girlfriends brought me on Saturday and I thought, I FORGOT TO WRITE A THANK YOU NOTE! and clutched my pearls. I'll get on that today.

I might pick up my knitting project this weekend. It's all crooked and strange looking because somehow I got off in my count and dropped some stitches, but still, I should finish it. It can be a little scarf for my friend's doggy.

This morning I went upstairs to our tiny cafeteria to get my one cup of decaf and morning fruit and I smelled bacon. Ten minutes later I was back at my desk with a full on bre-fus -- grits with cheese, eggs, bacon, and a biscuit. I have the itis. It's 10:30 in the morning. *blink*

I am cold all the time. My thermostat is on 77 this week. Up from 75 where it's been locked since I cut it on back in May. And my house is chilly willy. I do use a ceiling fan in my bedroom as I need some air circulating.

I spend too much time in my bedroom. I need to make more use of the fitty-leven other rooms in my house.

I only cook when other people are in my house to feed. So, basically, I have cooked in my new kitchen five times since I moved back. Three of those times were for the teacher. Two were for my mama. I've been there since April 30. Wait! I did cook an eggwhite omelet a couple of months ago. So six times.

My refrigerator never seems to have anything other than hors d'oeuvres in it. I swear I go to the market all.the.time, but when I open it to get something to eat there's nothing in there but stuffed olives, garlic hummus, fancy cheese, crisps, sparkling water and Prosecco.

What's up random with y'all?

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ breakfast itis. "Don't let fat men hurt you." LOL

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy