"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, August 12, 2011

Post vomit, Paperwork and Parenthood

I love how I went from "I have nothing to say y'all" to fitty-leven posts in two days. LOL! But, you know how it is, feast or famine.

Anyway, Mr. SLS and I are supposed to get together and file divorce papers when he's back in town next week (he's been out of town for a couple of weeks). It's hilarious that he brought this up on Wednesday for reasons I won't get into here. All I could do was laugh. Timing man. TIMING.

I hadn't rushed the divorce stuff even though TiffanyNHouston ordered me a bit ago to get on the good foot. I couldn't get my head around the whole frozen embryos thing. The old school part of me wanted to not check "single" on my child's birth certificate, you know? Something about that is shameful to me. Just as divorce is shameful to me.

But really, whether the marriage is over on paper or not (cause trust me it is over in every other way), if I transfer the embies and it works, I am going to be a single (divorced) mom raising a baby. I can play with semantics all I like that will not make this situation different than it is.

Back in May I printed the paperwork from the D.C. government website so all I had to do was whip it out and fill it in. The only part where I am hung up is the changing my name back part. It seems D.C. allows you to do that in the divorce filing docs.

When I wrote about this issue in March, I was firm: I would NOT be changing my name back. But now that it's an option and an easy one at that, I'm contemplating it. The only hesitation is, again, the embies. I don't want to have a different last name than my baby. But, this assumes that I do the embies and that they work.

ARRRGGGHHHHHH! <--*Charlie Brown yell* Why must I make simple stuff so hard?! I'll just keep the damn name. When I remarry I can change it then.

So, to sum up this too long and rambling post: I am filing for divorce in the next few days. And if we go downtown together to file, I can serve him right there and we can get that out of the way, too. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Angel Blanca (@BecomingAMW)8/12/2011

    Do you want me to meet up with you for hugs and whatnot when you file? Sending you lots of positive, healing energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel Blanca (@BecomingAMW)8/20/2011

    Do you want me to meet up with you for hugs and whatnot when you file? Sending you lots of positive, healing energy!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy