"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Revelations!

I was on the road again last week and I think I've managed to get a summer cold.

I took the train to Philly and I gotta tell you, I was tooooooo finished with Amtrak by the time I arrived after the train I was on broke down and we had to be offloaded then squeezed onto new trains. Still, the ride back was uneventful.

I got to see some folks I haven't seen in a long time and catch up. I also did some networking. All in all it was a productive few days.

I'm contemplating letting someone I'm really crushing on read this blog. Part of me wants to and another part of me is like, don't do it. DON'T DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

When I started this blog, Mr. SLS and I had an agreement that this was my space. He wouldn't read unless I asked him to and then it would be just the specific post or whatever. I wanted to feel like I could just write whatever I wanted, whatever I was feeling, and not think about my audience so much. As in, "well, I shouldn't write that because it would hurt his or her feelings." As far as I know, he honored that agreement.

But, I have to admit, I have not written some posts because I know they would be hurtful to some friends who read the blog.

That said, this is a little bit different because this person wants to read as a means of learning more about me. What if they don't like what they find out? What if they walk away disgusted with me? *wrings hands*

But you know what? I'm going to do it. Because if he reads and doesn't like what I've shared, well, that's telling me something, too.

So...here goes. *squeezes nose, jumps into deep part of pool*

1 comment:

  1. @BecomingAMW8/10/2011

    "But you know what? I'm going to do it. Because if he reads and doesn't like what I've shared, well, that's telling me something, too.

    So...here goes. *squeezes nose, jumps into deep part of pool*"

    Yay!! *claps wildly in support*

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy