"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, August 19, 2011

"She's Got A Way" -- Billy Joel

To the horror of my stepbrother @tchalla7 who is organizing a prayer vigil for me right now, I'm listening to my "Chicago" station on #Pandora. LOL!

A Billy Joel song came on and it reminded me of a moment in my marriage.

On the weekends Mr. SLS would get up early and turn on some music in our bedroom before going to clean or tutor or practice or rehearse or whatever. I always slept in.

One day he got up and I was awake but laying in the bed quietly looking out of the window. He watched me for a minute then put on this song:



Then he got back in the bed with me.

It was really good with us until it wasn't. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy