"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Sit back relax and let yourself go" -- A Tribe Called Quest

Do y'all watch Luther? This show is pretty much everything I love wrapped into one series: Idris Elba, U.K. setting, crime drama -- this show is every.single.thing. WATCH IT! You can stream season one on Netflix.

I also got a chance to see Beats, Rhymes and Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest recently and I loved it, too! It took me back to my college days and going to the 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. party then hopping a ride to the 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. party. I plan to see that in the theater again before it's gone. Check it out.

I am also a fan of Castle, as I've noted here a couple of times, mostly because I love Nathan Fillion (Firefly or Serenity anyone?!) almost as much as I love Idris Elba.
Fillion is a writer, Richard Castle, who shadows a lady cop on the show, Kate Beckett, as research for his novels about a lady cop, Nikki Heat. To help promote the show they have actually published the Nikki Heat novels written by Richard Castle and I'm just corny enough to have bought them for my iPad. I read them when I am captive somewhere like on the Metro or in a waiting room. There's a graphic novel, too, that was introduced this last season and Mr. SLS saw a promo for it (Marvel is putting it out, which means it will be GOOD) in the comic book store recently (we have our own box at the comic store which makes us premium customers so we get stuff early/first) and said he will get it for me when it comes out next month.

Finally, keep an eye out for the second season of Downton Abbey. If you're skeptical just know that anything Dame Maggie Smith is in will be good. It's Dame Maggie Smith people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy