"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sweaty Palms

I woke up this morning feeling anxious because I had to talk to some college students about what I do, future trends in my industry etc. and I literally had no idea what I was going to say.

But when I walked in the door and saw it was a small group I relaxed a little and once I got started everything flowed well, I think. They asked questions and seemed engaged and I feel like I came away with some new knowledge, too.

I don't know why I let myself get so worked up about the unknown. I always jump anyway, so you'd think at this point I would be over the anxiety, but nope. I'm always worked up.

As in, last night I couldn't sleep thinking about this and trying to figure out what I was going to say to these kids worked up. Now I have bags under my eyes. That is not attractive. LOL!

I have another something I need to do today and now I'm nervous about that, too. I'm a little mad that I'm anxious about this task because it's really just me asserting myself and no matter how shy and awkward I might be, I have *never* been a wilting flower.

So I'll do a little inner peptalk and then handle my business. Sometime today. Or maybe this evening. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow morning. Friday?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy