"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, August 18, 2011

When people show you who they are....

...believe them the first time.

I am sitting here sorting through some feelings I have about someone who it would appear has let me down. I didn't think they would let me down.

You see, I had high hopes that this person would keep their word or, at the very least reach out with an explanation or apology, because I have listened to them talk about how they have been burned by people with hidden agendas that were not who they said they were and how important truth, honesty, transparency, having a strong faith and working hard at being a good person is for some several months.

I assumed this person would treat me with the care and respect that they wanted.

Instead I am (re)learning a (expensive) lesson about how sometimes people say one thing and do another.

Duly noted. *writes name down onnnnnnnnn LIST! breaks pencil point*


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/18/2011

    Oh, I see I'm going to have to stalk somebody. Hoping this person comes through and does the right thing.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy