"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Where is your "place?"

"My place is wherever I am supposed to be. My job in that place is to discover my role and set forth on the path to accomplishing the task before me."
I read this on a blog last week and ever since I've been thinking: What is my place? Where am I supposed to be? What am I supposed to be doing?

Right now, I don't know. I spend a lot of time (too much time?!!!) thinking about why things happen, what I did (or didn't do) to make them happen that way, what might I have done differently.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not talking regrets. I have few of those, and I try hard not to make the same mistakes twice. Or three times. OK, four times is the MAX.

No, I am talking about what is God's purpose for me and how can I get about fulfilling it, especially now that some of the plans I had for myself, such as being a mom, seem less and less attainable.

What is your place, your purpose?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/18/2011

    to be a writer and a mom and a wife -- not always in that order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think I am figuring it out along the way.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy