"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Deadlines and absent-mindedness

I walked down to the courthouse today to turn in the paper showing that Mr. SLS had been served with divorce papers.

Thank goodness I did because it turns out he needed to respond within 20 days of the date on the piece of paper I was filing and of course he hadn't done that. And the 20th day is Friday. In his defense, though, he didn't know. Shit, I didn't know. I talked to him though and we will have it filed by Friday.

What's a little bit funny is in the same conversation about divorce papers, we talked about hanging out on Thursday to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

We might be crazy. LOL!

I lost my SmartTrip card. Somewhere. I have had that card since 2000. That very same card. I don't lose stuff like wallets and keys etc. Didn't I tell y'all the other day that I had the same key Mr. SLS gave me back in 2006? Before my mama changed the locks a couple of years ago (thanks brother dear) I had the same key to the house that I had had since I was 7. It was blue.

I DON'T LOSE STUFF. Or misplace stuff. Except now I do all the time. I just found $8 in my office drawer. I have no idea when I put it in there. Or why.

For two weeks I couldn't find my favorite earrings. Turns out they were tucked in a suitcase pocket. I have no idea why.

I'm still looking for the clutch bag I bought for my birthday last year. It's in the house....somewhere. Prolly next to the SmartTrip card. And my gray shoes.

Which ALLLLL reminds me of this book I had when I was a kid. I loved this book. I wonder where it is?

1 comment:

  1. I've heard stressed people loose things.  I've also heard that when people hide things they only hide them from themselves.  

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy