"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

How Insensitive -- Tom Jobim and Sting


Annnnddd I thought of something. I heard this version of Insensatez for the first time last week while lounging on the beach and I was like, OHMAHGAH TWO, not one but TWO, of my fave artists performing one of my fave songs!!

So then I texted Mr. SLS to ask him WHY HE HADN'T TOLD ME ABOUT THIS?!!! And he admitted to just never thinking about it. Mind you, this man gave me an "immersion class" in Sting and Antonio Carlos Jobim. Hmph.

Anyway, this collabo with Sting is one of the last recordings by Jobim before he died.

Here's a live performance of Jobim doing Insensatez, in portuguese of course:


AND here's Sting doing it acappella with a small clip at the end of them in the studio together at the piano:



I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy