"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Random randoms

I haven't been feeling like hanging out recently. Maybe the summer of fun and drunken revelry tired me out, maybe it's the cooler weather, but whatever it is, I'm perfectly content to sit up in my house.

I was invited out by some girlfriends last evening and didn't want to go. I wanted to settle in at home and watch more of Medium. (I've been streaming it on Netflix trying to catch up so I can get to the series finale).

But since I work with them and they were right here and not taking no for an answer, I said I would go out and have one drink and then break out at 7 p.m. I had the one drink, but was having so much fun, I didn't hold firmly to my deadline. It was fun. And, I see now, that I'm going to have to make myself get out this fall and winter.
****
I said before that I am still in touch with my high school and college beaus. Both have been reaching out to me more since I said I was getting divorced -- just checking to make sure I'm OK. 

One thing that has been interesting to me is that they both want to "fix it." For example, one looked at a web profile I have and started giving me feedback -- lengthy ones -- for changes and improvements. Um, I like it just as it is, thank you. I'm good.

The other is trying to show me the light and the way to Jesus, passing along scriptures he thinks would be good and giving me helpful suggestions for what I should be looking for in a church. OK, yeah, I'm good. Thanks.

I've never wondered what life would have been like married to these two guys. I'm good.

****
I need to wash clothes. Like most household chores, I hate this job. Gotta do it though. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Here's something random. It's been four days since Hairspray ended here. I'm growing back my goatee so I don't look like the poor man's Denzel Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denzel Washington is a good look, though, even a poor one. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mywhateva9/30/2011

    When you get a chance, check out Long Island Medium on TLC. Watched it the other night and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy