"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, September 19, 2011

Summer Days Driftin' Away

I was thinking about all I did this summer and decided that, dammit, I had a really great summer of 2011! Whoohoooooo!  

I developed new friendships and renewed some old ones. I spent quality time with my mom and niece. I went on some fun dates. I went to the beach. I did some career networking.

I was also thinking about the teacher and realizing that, sometimes, people come into our lives for reasons other than why WE think that they are there.

For example, I had a mad crush on him and thought he was going to be a romantic interest for me. That didn't happen. But, on reflection, that may not have been why he was placed in my path.

See, I have to admit that if it hadn't been for some things he said, I would not have stepped up and filed for divorce. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I was going to resist when Mr. SLS brought up that we needed to talk about it. But, I needed to file for divorce. Doing that gave me some power back in this situation. For so long now, I have felt like it was all out of my control.

The teacher also led me to reflect more on my faith and spiritual life. I am contemplating trying, again, to find a spiritual community. I have often wondered if Mr. SLS and I had been part of a faith community might we have stayed together. I even asked him that question and he thought about it for a long while and then said, very sadly, "I'm not sure. Maybe."

I also had some good dates and talks with the teacher at a time when I needed some male attention and companionship.

It's the whole reason, season and lifetime thing, I guess.

3 comments:

  1. ekillian9/19/2011

    i like that saying that people come into your life for a reason, season or lifetime (as you say). And it's sooooooo true. So glad you're looking at the positive side of it! you're awesome. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mywhateva9/20/2011

    I agree. It's a reason or a season. He was there for a reason and served his purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thirteenlbs9/20/2011

    I have been thinking about this a lot recently.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy