"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Black Bean Chili Tonight!

I put some black beans on to soak this weekend because I have been craving black bean chili for two weeks now.

Last night I finally got them into the slow cooker with some garlic and when I woke up this a.m. the house smelled so fragrant and garlicky!

Once I get my ground turkey browned with onion, I'll stir that into the beans with some chili powder, fresh oregano and basil. Then I'll let it cook for a bit so the flavors can meld together.

I used my avocado last night when I had my friend E and baby OK over for dinner so I'm going to grab another on the way home and once my chili is ready, I'll top a bowl of it with a dollop of plain greek yogurt, some avocado and diced tomato. YUMMY!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah...  *drool* That bowl right there could get you smanged.  Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I made some black bean the other time and it was nowhere near as tasty as yours sounds. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy