"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Work & Labor Funny

My friend E that works with me is pregnant. Baby is due next month. We love picking on our editor. I don't know why. He is such an easy target though! And it makes us laugh.

ANYWAY, here's an IM conversation E and I were having today:

E: they say that labor usually starts slowly. and my doctor encourages us to labor at home for as long as possible. i'm sure i could even walk home (1.5 miles) when it starts. that's my hunch. we'll see though.

ME: boy.

E: or i might ask for a ride home. :)

ME: see, i can't see me being all zen and saying, I think I'll stroll home

E: hahahhahaha

ME: i see me being like, THIS BIG HEAD BABY IS COMING OUT MY STUFF SOON HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

E: you crack me up. i know. i still can't believe i have to give birth. yikes. I'm like, getting pregnant will be fun! having a newborn will be fun! but birth? I forgot about that part. what did i get myself into?!?! :)

ME: IT'S COMING!!! (GOES INTO EDITOR'S OFFICE AND MOANS) THE BABY IS ON THE WAY (LAYS OUT ON EDITOR'S DESK)

E: oh my god. i should totally do that. i should actually pretend. see what he does when i'm like 39 weeks along. i'll drape myself across his computer and say, 'i just want to have the baby right here'

BWAAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy