"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cheating Cheaters

Someone asked me a couple of months ago if I had ever cheated on Mr. XSLS. I didn't even understand that question it was so ridiculous.

I didn't get married to be sluttin' around. What would be the point of that? I loved my husband almost from the day we met. I didn't have eyes -- or ass -- for anyone else.

Cheating is not my way. It takes more energy and savvy and sneakiness than I can muster up. And you have to lie. Who can keep all that straight? And none of that is exciting to me. I can send nasty text messages etc. to my man.

Also, I don't see the point to it. If I am that unhappy in a relationship, then fix it or leave. Why stay and cheat?! (I'm looking at YOU Mr. XSLS) Obviously the relationship is not giving me what I need. How can cheating make it better?

Plus, it's hurtful and erodes trust. Why would I want to hurt someone I profess to love by cheating on them?

And I just don't get the "unable to resist temptation" thing. I mean I wasn't blind, I saw hot looking men, but I admired them and that was it. I am not just the tip of the V my legs form. I am a person with cognitive ability, morals and feelings. As such, I don't just act with no thought to consequences and commitments.

In short, I don't do that. If I am with you, I'm with you. As I've said in the past, I only need one man, for one me and I'm good.

Don't ask me any more of these silly assed questions.

And in case none of that is clear, here's one of my favorite country songs that may explain it better:

2 comments:

  1. tiffanyinhouston11/13/2011

    There is no bounds to the foolery that will come out of people's mouths. Did they think it was YOUR fault you got divorced??? Assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am not just the tip of the V my legs form. I am a person with
    cognitive ability, morals and feelings. As such, I don't just act with
    no thought to consequences and commitments."

    Umm,  yeah. I bet you learned a lot about that person. My goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy