"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Fog Has Lifted!

I gotta learn how to shake it off better when folks let me down.

Some of the strategies I use to shake off the blues are:

1. Go look at sports cars and drive them really fast, which can scare the salesman but the adrenaline rush does it for me.

2. Find some child to spend time with because that fresh wide-eyed wonder is like the fountain of youth.

3. Borrow a friend's pet and love up on them.

Today I modified that third strategy in that I went to the animal shelter and loved up on some abandoned and affection-starved dogs, cats and rabbits.

A few years ago before I had cats, I used to volunteer to show animals at adoption events for the rescue league. I think I need to go back and volunteer or even just regularly visit the pound and do play time with the animals. It will be good for me and them.

Alrighty people, happy happy Saturday!


1 comment:

  1. Mywhateva11/13/2011

    I'm going to have to use these in the very near future. I've got to do something for ME!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy