"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, November 4, 2011

I Miss You

Those three words popped up on my phone via text message a little bit ago: "I miss you."

I stared at them, my heart beating fast -- thumpetythumpthumpthumpthump -- because truth be told, I miss him, too.

This is the third message from him since we abruptly stopped seeing each other, but this is the first one that makes me want to write back.

Still...he hurt my feelings. And does "I miss you" mean all the things my beating heart wants it to mean or is it just something to say to suck me in just for me to end up hurt again?

I don't know what to do.

So, for now, I do nothing.

5 comments:

  1. Mywhateva11/04/2011

    Yeah, well maybe you need to not do what you did before and you wouldn't be missing anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mywhateva11/04/2011

    Inside? Please explain. Maybe not where you said so before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, some of that I wrote for the benefit of prying eyes as you know I know the answer to those questions. But the first part I meant, you are going to have to find some peace with all this in case the situation does not change. And only you can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MsJamie1411/05/2011

    Love is stronger than pride?

    I don't know, I got nothing. LOL. Trust me, I have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mywhateva11/06/2011

    otay.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy