"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, November 28, 2011

What I Want For Christmas

I took advantage of the online sales and bought some things I needed -- white t-shirts, a black turtleneck, some rain/snow boots (FINALLY!), an orange cowl neck sweater to replace the one I spilled nail polish on while driving (<-- no I should not have been trying to do my nails as I drove to work, I know this!) and a couple other things.

I also bought Christmas gifts for my brother's daughter and got some of her stuff for half of what I was going to pay a month ago when I first picked them out so she actually got a little more than I had planned to give her initially.

I need to take care of my mom, my dad and step-mom, Niece SLS and my Grandma and then get a few little items for friends.

But when I was asked what I wanted, I couldn't think of anything. Well, there's nothing material that I want for Christmas.

However, there are intangibles. (I'm stealing a bit from Carrie Bradshaw here, but...) Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love. Trust. Honesty. Friendship. Dependability. Passion. Intimacy. Affection.

That's what I would like for Christmas. New Year's. MLK Day. Valentine's Day. President's Day. Easter. Memorial Day. July 4th. Labor Day and on and on and on.

What's on your list?

1 comment:

  1. Mywhateva11/30/2011

    tee-hee! on what you want for all of your holidays foreva!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy