"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Getting outside the comfort zone

I hang out with Mr. XSLS. We are friends. On Sunday I went to my ex-in-laws house where they were cooking out, let niece SLS play with my doggy, then Mr. XSLS and I took the dog home and went to see The Avengers again (we went to see it at midnight on opening night).

This is all cool, but didn't we get divorced because we couldn't be married? Then why are we playing?

I gave this some serious thought while in the shower yesterday because it occurred to me that we are both sort of being punks. It's easy to stay in this space with each other where it's comfortable. We were always friends, we have a lot of the same interests, we don't argue, we don't live together anymore and now, we don't have to be bothered with each other when we don't want to be, so easy peasy LEMON SQUEEZY.

But neither of us is dating, either. And no, there's no law that says we HAVE to date, but I wonder if the fact that we are getting everything but bootie from each other has made us lazy about making ourselves available.

So one of us is going to have to rip the band-aid off. Probably me.

To be honest though, back when I was all devastated about our marriage dissolving I was sure Mr. XSLS would be boo'd up quick, but with the exception of his one or two (or five) little booty call situations that hasn't been the case.

I've been on some dates and even had a sort-of-but-not-really little emotional tie with the teacher.

However, I'm content just being...alone and, again, I think that's because I'm getting a good bit of what I need companionship-wise from Mr. XSLS.

Anyway, something to think about on a Tuesday (of a short work week YAY!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy