"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, August 26, 2013

"U better live now, before the grim reaper come knocking on your door" -- Prince

I went to a Prince v. Michael Jackson dance party at the Howard Theater on Friday night and this Prince-like dude right here was doing IT!


Before the dance-a-thon, I went to the gym at work and did a bunch of squats, push ups and lunges. My body has been hurting ever since. It's a good hurt, though. Imma be FIERCE when I get these next 25 pounds off, this belly flat and some definition in these arms!

Remember I told you two Saturdays ago that I had signed up for a one-day acting class to jump start my "get back to living and loving life" campaign? Well, the class was this past Saturday and it was (warning, lots of cliches to follow) every.little.thing. It was like the heavens opened up and the sun started shining on me. I felt at home and at peace. This sums me up as I left the class:

The lesson learned? Never ever ever allow the creative/artistic side of me to lie dormant again.

And it was fitting that I felt all joy and light as I rushed from that class to meet up with the Usual Suspects (sans our beloved leader CreoleinDC *insert sad face here*) for an art class. I now have an original SLS painting to hang in my house. So what if it looks like a kindergarten art project? LOL

I talked to my dad this past weekend and we laughed together and it was so nice. I'll be hanging with him and my stepmom's family at my stepbrother's wedding in a couple of weeks, which will be a good time. And I poked a little fun at my mom, who was supposed to come visit me for Labor Day weekend but canceled so she could take a trip with her long-time boyfriend. My parents can drive me crazy, but I am grateful to still have them in my life.

I was sitting at work the other day and thinking about how I told y'all I wasn't really challenged, but felt I needed to stay for the money and bennies and it occurred to me that is some absolute stanky ass bullshit. If I don't like this gig (and I don't hate it, I just am in a stuck place) I need to make it better, or find one I *do* like and not sit here occupying a seat someone with more energy and enthusiasm could fill. I refuse to let fear rule me. I have always been alright. I need to trust that, trust MYSELF, and have some damn faith that things will work out if I leave here for another opportunity. Staying stuck is not an option though.


Oh yeah! I randomly met a very nice fella with a hard body, who was handsome right up until he opened his mouth and I saw a gold tooth with some kinda designs on it on up front and center. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I saw this other really handsome dude at the doggy day care on Saturday, realized that he looked familiar and then it hit me that he was my ex-boyfriend's younger brother. The ex-boyfriend who could die in a fire and I wouldn't care. Still, I always liked his little brother and he gave me a hug and asked how I was and stuff. I am chatting with several dudes I met via online dating. I hope to get out and face-to-face meet at least one of them this week. I'll keep you abreast of all happenings.

One of my XSIL's called yesterday (the one I liked) to tell me that the family (her, Mr. XSLS's brother and the two kids) is moving across the country! Niece SLS wants to say goodbye to Auntie SLS before they move so I'm going over one evening this week. I will miss that kid. :0(

What's random with y'all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy